Friday, September 4, 2009

Cold Tea

Well, I went into the kitchen,
for to make a cup of tea,
and I heard a wee voice calling
out to me, out to me...
I let one cat in; he had a snack,
then rolled him belly up.
For, you know, our Tano'd love a scratch...(?)
with some old scruffy brush!

Now brushed and preened, he led the way;
we headed for the door...
That's one cat out...and one cat in--
He Squeaks'll take a tour!
Oh, nibble-nibble, Happy Boy,
and have a good long drink.
Then worry at my ankles, some,
ere I have time to think!

"The Door! The Door!" "I'm coming...(ge-e-ez)!";
my duties never cease.
'N' it's one cat out, and one cat in...
or I will get no peace!
The best is saved for last, of course,
and it's Mickie at the door.
He hops right down and waltzes in...
"Whud'ja keep me waitin' for?!"

Refreshed, relaxed, will he go out?
Oh, no, my Dears, not he!
He'll drape across my key-board, now,
and keep me Company!
Oh, God, the love! The purrs! The roar!
Felix felinity!
"Cast all distractions to the wind
(...for you'll never get that tea!!)"

--Sept. 5, 2009.@ GB/hjg

No comments:

Post a Comment